Monday, April 15, 2013

Ancestral diet Recipes

I promised you recipes from what I have bean eating this week during my cleanse thingy. I'm still not sure what to call it... But I have bean forced to be a bit more creative. For a while all I was really eating was fried kale. Which is yummy, but it got boring. So here are a few really easy recipes that I came up with this week. When I say easy, I mean like really incredibly easy. Most of these take 5 min or less of your time. 


My mom and I had this for dinner the other night. Lightly toss some greens such as a spring mix with a bit of balsamic vinegar. Place artichokes that have bean preserved in water onto that and cooked salmon onto that. Mix up some goat cheese with sour cream or kefer, dill, parsley, pepper, and olive oil. Top the salmon with it and some capers. So good!


Blend up a bunch of parsley with the juice of 1 lemon, 1/3 cup of olive oil, salt and pepper, and 4 garlic cloves. Pore that over chicken breast. Blend up 4 tomatoes and pore them over the chicken. Top with one minced red onion. Bake at 350 for 40 minutes. Let some cheese of choice melt over the top if you so desire. So, so, so Good! Top with olives if you so desire and serve with green beans or other vegetables of choice. This would also be good with some pasta. slice the chicken and place on linguine pasta. The extra sauce in the pan will be marvelous as a sauce for the pasta.



My new favorite smoothie. Kefer, strawberries, cinnamon, vanilla, and maca powder as a sweetener  Maca is a fruit from South America. It has a sweet maple flavor and is a supper food. 


I have bean heating frozen blueberries in my toaster oven, and mixing them with kefer. It is also yummy to have with ricotta or cottage cheese. Yummy spices to add would be, cardamom, cinnamon, orange or lemon zest, floral extracts like rose, or adding a bit of vanilla are all lovely. This is my version of yogurt with fruit on the bottom since I can't have sugar and all the ones at the store have cane sugar in them. 


I have actually bean doing really well. I didn't think that I would go all sugar crazy, but I thought that I would a little bit more than I have. The only things that I have bean wanting are dried fruit and nuts. Which suck because I cant have vary many kinds of nuts until Thursday  but I have bean eating freeze dried berries. They are sooooooo yummy! 

Happy Cooking! 

No comments:

Post a Comment