Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thanksgiving wishes and recipes.


This Thanksgiving as usual, my family is getting together and having lunch buffet style. Everyone brings a dish to share and we eat, play games, and usually go for a walk. This is what I made/making. (seeing how I still have stuff in the oven)


Roasted Brussels Sprouts and Cauliflower.

  • Brussels sprouts, halved, cauliflower cut biteable size. 
  • Enough olive oil to drizzle over
  • 1 Tbsp caraway seeds 
  • Salt and pepper
Spread the cabbage cousins (Brussels and Caulies) on a baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with the caraway seeds, and salt and pepper to taste. Bake in a 400 degree oven for 30 to 40 minutes. 









Green Bean Casserole, from scratch. 
I use Alton Browns recipe, but instead of using fresh beans and blanching them, I use frozen beans and I just rinse them in hot water until they are de-thawed since they are pre-blanched. Everyone always loves it, well, except for me, (I hate mushrooms). You can find the recipe here

Cranberry Blueberry Smoothie. 
This was my breakfast. 
  • one cup of frozen blueberries
  • a small handful of cranberries
  • 2 tbsp honey
  • 1tsp of vanilla powder or extract. 
  • enough water to cote 
Blend and enjoy. :)



1 comment:

  1. Oh yummy I can't wait! and A smoothie is a great idea for breakfast on Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete