Friday, May 11, 2018

My intuitive method for making bath salts without a recipe

Todays video has four different or actually maybe five different bath salts! They all use the same elements but just a bit different to make them custom for your needs. I make diy beauty stuff the same way I cook, using approximates and guesstimations and I also go by smell sometimes too. especially when I'm adding essential oils. I decided that I should show you a video on how I make them so you can learn how to make bath salts intuitively too.

As always you can click this link here to watch the video directly on youtube.


I love making bath salts but I never use a recipe. I don't think I ever have, its such an easy process that a recipe is unnecessary in my opinion. I figured that making a video to show my process would be helpful to those of you that don't know how to diy things like this without a recipe. Honestly its so easy and so much fun to be able to customize a recipe to yourself and your needs. 

I start off with a base of epsom salt and a bit of oil. The oil is optional but you need something like epsom salt, sea salt, or Himalayan salt to have as your base. From there all you need is to decide if you want to add any oils, like bath oils or essential oils, if you want to add some sort of flowers or herbs, clays, charcoal, whatever you want. If your adding something like a hydrosol or bubble bath then you will need to let it dry out on a baking sheet. 

Base Ingredient options:

  • Epsom salt
  • sea salt
  • Himalayan salt 
  • MSM flakes
  • Essential oils
  • Bath oils
  • Bubble bath or body wash (be sure to click HERE to see how to use these properly)
Additional ingredients:


  • Same as above
  • Clay (white, green, rose, red, bentonite,)
  • Flowers or herbs (I prefer to crush/ grind these)
  • Citric acid
  • Baking soda (I have alkaline water so I usually don't use this, I prefer my bath to be more acidic)


Be sure to watch the video for more tips and have a great day! 

You can visit my youtube channel HERE.

Thank you for stopping by! If you like diy's, urban farm things, and healthy living then be sure to subscribe over on the side! --->

No comments:

Post a Comment