Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Gluten Free Oat Flour Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies

Hey everyone! Today I am sharing one of my favorite recipes with you! These cookies are so yummy! They turn out so good! Always gooie, chewy, soft, and so, so very chocolaty. This recipe was adapted from my favorite chocolate chip recipe that uses oat flour. You can find that recipe HERE

My favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe uses oat flour and turns out absolutely perfect every time! I adapted it to have cocoa powder because I couldn't find a chocolate, chocolate chip recipe that uses oat flour. The oat flour doesn't make it taste like an oatmeal cookie, but gives a subtle sweetness and tenderness while still holding together nicely. So, so much better than any other gluten free flour. 


Anyway, All I did was replace a cup of the oat flour for cocoa powder, and I like to use pink Himalayan salt in these. I also use high quality chocolate chips and I like to use big ones and little tiny ones when I have them because it's more fun that way. 

Melt the butter, but not quite all the way then beat with the sugars. I like to add the vanilla in here. Then beat in the egg, but not all the way. Beating the egg to much can make the cookies a bit tough. 


Add in the dry ingredients Until just combined. You don't really need to worry about over mixing since their is no gluten, but I find them to stay a little softer when I don't over mix with the spoon. Instead I finish mixing it all the way when I add in the chocolate chips. 


 Usually when my son helps me though, the chocolate chips get added in with all the dry ingredients because that's his favorite part. 

 I always flatten them out. If I don't then I need to make sure they do so on their own while they bake, or I have to help them along by pressing them down with the back of a spoon. 
But I always have to do that with cookies, I used to not need to, but ever since I started using other ovens I've had to. Do you have to do that, or does dolling them out work just fine for you? 
I actually used to have the problem of them being to thin because I would always melt the butter (using a basic chocolate chip recipe) and changing nothing other than using a different oven they no longer do that. Except I've made cookies in that old oven again and I still had to flatten them out. So... I do not know. 



Anyway, they turn out so, so good! 



GF Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies 


Makes 1 1/2 dozen cookies

1 stick butter, partially melted
1/2 cup turbanado sugar
1/2 cup cane sugar
1 egg
1 tsp to 1/2 Tbsp vanilla
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp Himalayan salt
1 1/4 cup oat flour 
1 cup cocoa powder
3/4 cup chocolate chips 

Preheat the oven to 350ºF. 
Melt a bit over halfway then mix together with the sugars. Add the egg and vanilla and beat until just incorporated.  Sift the flour and cocoa powder then mix in all the dry ingredients reserving the chocolate chips.  Mix until it just starts to come together then add in the chocolate chips. The dough will be a bit sticky and thats just fine. Bake on greased baking sheets for about 10 minutes or until the edges are just browning up. They need to still be soft on the inside so that they will stay gooie and have that brownie flavor.
Mmmmmmmm.



I post a videos and a blogs every week. If you want new posts emailed to you then don't forget to subscribe over on the side ->

No comments:

Post a Comment