Monday, January 7, 2013

My odd cat, 2 drink recipes, and the easiest Asian dish.

 First of all, living with my husband has made me learn quite a few things, such as my cat who wont eat tuna or other usual cat treats besides her food really likes lentils and bread. (Below is Jacob giving her... bread) So Weird!

This week I got some supper awesome books in, Sapphire Blue (2nd book in the Ruby Red trilogy) and The Lost Prince (a continuation series of the Iron Fey.) Such Good Books! I highly recommend you check out Ruby Red and The Iron King.



For a little shindig I made a supper yummy punch with Raspberry soda (a 6 or 8 pack of hansen's) and rosewater. That's it!!!! You could use raspberry juice and sparkling water though to cut down on the sugar. 
I love ginger and lemon together, so yummy! I usually boil some ginger root and mix it with some lemon juice and honey, but I wanted to make something that I didn't need to wait for it to boil and steep every time I wanted some. So, I brought like 3 cups of water to a boil and simmered 2 inches of ginger root that I had cut up (with the skins on) for about 1 and 1/2 to 2 hours. I turned the heat off and just let it sit their for a couple more hours, what I ended up with was some really, really STRONG ginger! It was crazy how spicy that stuff gets! Since obviously I had to majorly dilute it I put a bit in my cup then added water until I was satisfied with the strength, I ended up getting 1/4 cup of ginger juice stuff mixed with about a cup of water. To this I added a bit of xylotol (you can use honey, stevia or other types of sweeter BUT! I warn you stay away from the aspartame or face dire consequences, plane old sugar would be way better than that icky junk.)

 If your unfamiliar with xylitol is just as sweet as sugar, but it is actually good for you. It doesn't spike your blood sugar, it has 40% less calories, it's good for your bones (including teeth) and your gums, It kills certain harmful bacteria, and it inhibits yeast which is supper awesome if you get those pesky yeast infections. I get xylotol made from birch, but it is easiest to find it made from corn (just get it organic! I suggest the Now brand if you get it made from corn.)

Back to the recipe, So basically it is 1/4 cup of supper strong ginger tea mixed with a splash of vanilla (can omit the vanilla if you'd like) juice from 1/2 a lemon, and some sweetener  Mix that in a cup, and fill the rest of the way with water. The lemon juice helps to detox your organs especially the liver and kidneys  and the ginger is so supper good for a range of things, from ovarian and colon cancer, to digestion, to reveling headaches  cramps and nausea, and it is also good to take during the cold and flue season. So tasty and makes you feel good, plus it is cheaper than ginger ale! Mixing the ginger tea with komboucha is yummy also. 


 This dish is supper easy. Cook some Asian egg noodles and some veggies (I just threw some frozen veggies in while the noodles were cooking) Mix with 1/2 an inch of fresh ground ginger (I use a small grater) 1/4 of a bunch of fresh chopped cilantro,  a couple tbsp of sesame or peanut oil, and a few tbsp of soy sauce. You can always add a bit of fish sauce too if you'd like.



No comments:

Post a Comment