Wednesday, July 25, 2018

Refinishing My Kitchen Table

When we bought our house a couple of years ago we were gifted this table. It needed refinished then and it has taken me this long to decide how I wanted to go about it.
My husband wanted it to be all wood still and not painted (I was thinking of painting it teal) but I really wanted a natural finish so I decided just to sand it all down and figure out what to do after that.

I kinda thought that it would be best to do something very durable like a polyurethane (so toxic) but I didn't want to do that for a whole bunch of reasons. So then I thought, well maybe I should do something natural like an oil finish or something, but those aren't particularly very natural either so I just decided that the table isn't even solid wood so who cares if the wax turns out awful and it gets all messed up. So I made the wax and boy am I glad I did!

In the video I show you the steps I took and I give more details on how it has been working out the last few weeks.

You can watch the video by clicking on it below or directly on youtube HERE.



The Wax 30 g of beeswax 90 g of coconut oil Melt to combine in a double boiler Apply warm for a deeper saturation or cooled for easy buffing.


You can visit my youtube channel HERE.

Thank you for stopping by! If you like diy's, urban farm things, and healthy living then be sure to subscribe over on the side! --->

No comments:

Post a Comment