Sunday, March 18, 2018

How I water all of my house plants

I have gotten a few questions about how I water all of my house plants so i decided to make a video about it. Now, this video is almost 30 minutes long, but it only takes me like 15 minutes at the most to water all of my plants. Anyway if you are interested in seeing how I water my plants watch the video below or click this link HERE to watch it. 


I have some plants that I watch for the water to drain fast, like for my succulents, and others I want to see the water drain slower. For my plants that need more water I give them more especially if the soil is pretty dry, and I water it until the water soaks down slower. Then I mist all my plants that need misted, and I run water over my orchids to water them. So I put them in the sink and run the water so that it drains out of course and helps to wash away mineral build up. My air plants get a mix of soaking and misting during the week.
My succulents that need more water like my sting of pearls usually get watered every week with my other plants and then also when I water all of my other succulents and cacti. My African violets get fertilized every week, but my venus fly trap on the other hand never gets any fertilizer except for bugs every few weeks in one of its traps.

My routine is pretty simple and takes very little time out of my week. Before I water my plants I go through them all and clean them up, dust around them and then clean the floors. (I usually do this on one of my floor cleaning days.) After that I water all of my plants that need a drink. Then a couple times a week I check on my water loving plants and water any that need it and mist all the plants that like extra humidity. I live in a dry climate so thats why they need a little extra care but that takes less than five minutes.


You can visit my youtube channel HERE.

Thank you for stopping by! If you like diy's, urban farm things, and healthy living then be sure to subscribe over on the side! --->

No comments:

Post a Comment