Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Coconut honey face wash and mask

One of my favorite things to wash my face with lately is a mixture of 4 tbsp of coconut oil mixed with 4 tbsp of raw honey and a pinch of vanilla powder. The coconut oil and honey bolth even out skin tone, moisturize, are antibacterial, and very healing. This also works  as a mild  scrub because of the vanilla powder. 

                        


When I'm ready to make a new batch I soften up my 4 Tbsp of coconut oil first. Once its a creamy consistency I whisk in the 4 Tbsp of honey. Then I take a heavy Pinch of Vanilla powder and mix it in. 

Other optional add ins are cinnamon, wild tumeric (culinary tumeric is fine too, it just isnt as healing and it has a tendancy to add color instead of even it like the wild,) and ground oats. Powdered herbs such as lavender, roses, calendula, and holy basil are nice options too. 

When I wash my face I like to wash it with just warm water first and I pat it dry until it is just damp. Its easier to apply with damp, warm skin. Then I use about 2 tsp and spread it around my face. I let it sit for 5-20 minutes, depending on if I forget about it, and if I don't have much time I will just go ahead and wash it off. When I'm ready to wash it off I take a warm washcloth and gently rub my face with it in circular motions. Then I rinse my washcloth and wipe off the rest. A splash of water, a gentle towl drying, and moisturizing with a few drops of jojoba oil and one drop of seabuckthorn oil is all I need to finish off my skincare for the evening. 





No comments:

Post a Comment