Wednesday, August 22, 2012

The dangerous home.

As a wife, I want my home to be a safe place. I want it to feel homey, and comfortable. I want the smells and the sights to instill good feelings, but I also want it to be a place that Wont give the people living in my household various illnesses, like Asthma, Birth Defects, various forms of Cancer, Anemia, Skin Disorders, Death and many, many other problems. Since I'm sure most people would like this to, I decided that it is about time to start addressing the dangers of toxic chemicals in houses. This series will go beyond keeping cleaning supplies away from children, because lets face it, if you clean your floor with something toxic, and your kid is still breathing it, and it is absorbing into their skin as they roam around barefoot, then the toxins are going to still hurt them. It may not be immediate like when they drink it, but it will harm them over time. Plus, if you clean with those harmful chemicals, then you'd bettered arm yourself with a hazard suit or else you'll get problems and wont be able to take care of your child. I know cancer and the prospect of dying seams extreme, but if you continue reading my posts then hopefully you will see that this is a serious problem in our society. I will cover things like cleaning supplies, cat litter, room fresheners, laundry detergent and fabric softeners, cooking supplies like non stick pans and canned food. Also, I would like to cover beauty products, because looking beautiful shouldn't hurt, no mater what those evil ladies that wax you eyebrows say. lol. But in all seriousness, even mineral makeup can contain chemicals similar to arsenic and the loos powder is damaging to the lungs, I'm not even gonna start on fragrances...yet. I think that those evil fragrances will be covered in just about every posting (over 40 petroleum based chemicals that are very harmful in just one word. Ya, its bad).  

No comments:

Post a Comment