Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Vegan Oatmeal Carob Cookies

I wanted to make oatmeal cookies, but after looking through all the recipe books at my house (sadly the rest are still at my moms house) I couldn't find one. I was wanting chocolate, but I wanted something a bit different. After searching in my pantry for things to put in my cookies I noticed a lovely container of carob. "Hmmm," I said to myself, "I wonder if that would be good. I think their is instant chocolate oatmeal, so it should be good." Thus I preceded to type it into google. To my somewhat surprise I found a recipe for Vegan Oatmeal Carob Cookies. You can finde that recipe here. I switched out the brown sugar for 1/2 cup fructose and 2tsp maple syrup (you can use molasses. I just didn't have any), the soymilk for an almond alternative, and the vegetable oil for light olive oil (doesn't have the olive taste, and I can get it cheep in bulk).  They turned out pretty good, but I think that next time I will add 1/4 cup of apple sauce just so that they come out a bit fluffier and a little more moist. 




No comments:

Post a Comment