Monday, July 9, 2012

Sewing and painting.





 I oiled my sewing machine the other day, and then I got the sewing fever. I made a two skirts. One I made with a piece of fabric that I cut some trailing bits off, sewed some pleats to make it fit better, and put some elastic in the back so that it can be worn as a dress or a skirt.
The other skirt I made was from a round table cloth. I folded it from the center so that it was a cone (or A) shape. Then I cut the center so that it would fit around my waist. I hemmed it up and put some lace on it. It was a bit to big so I put a button on and some lace ribbon on another side far eniough away so that it would fit when put around the button.



In the craft room I was tired of walls that weren't painted, so I took some acrylic paint and watered it down so that it was a better consistency for wall painting. In the first picture I used a towel rack for some of my scarves that I use on a more frequently. In the second picture I had broken a mirror, and I really liked it, so I decided to turn it into a chalk board. 

1 comment: