Wednesday, February 1, 2012

What I ate last week, and what I'm making this week.

 


Lemon meringue pie.
I made the actual pie for My boyfriends birthday, and made little pies for my dad a week later. In the big cup, I cooked the crust and crumpled it into the bottom, then put the custard on, then the meringue. This way you can torch it if you have a device for doing so, or just eat it right away so that the meringue doesn't go funky. I used Alton Brown's Recipe. Get the crust here and the filling/topping here.

Sunday before I started 7 I ate at a local Hospice restaurant, and let me tell you, It was delicious. I had a tomato basil quiche.
  Isn't it beautiful?

Yesterday for my first day of & I had oranges, all day till dinner, I had boiled gold potatoes, carrots, and broccoli. It tasted so good! So simple, but the flavors compliment each other so well. Unfortunately my camera is broken, so no pictures, but it was so pretty with all the different colors. Today I am making a potato carrot soup. Have a great evening! 

No comments:

Post a Comment